Thursday 12 January 2012

Critics Choice Awards- Live Blogging

Winners not announced at the show (live)
Best Original Score- The Artist- Ludovic Bource 
was rooting for JW for WH, but alas


Best Cinematography- The Tree of Life and War Horse
Double winner. Previously, I'd heard War Horse won, which I was pleased about, but others wanted the Tree of Life. Happy medium, I'd say. 


Best Art Direction- Hugo
duh, though I was rooting for HP


Best Editing- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo


Best Costume Design- The Artist
again, obvious.


Best Makeup- Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part II
I was rooting for it, but was surprised it actually won. I've been considering it a front-runner while many others have been picking The Iron Lady or Albert Nobbs for the win. Glad to see some HP love!


Best Visual Effects- Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Again, another no brainer


Best Sound- Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part II
Hm, a bit surprised! I don't think many were expecting HP to win in this category, but I'm glad for any win it gets nonetheless (:


Live Winners


Best Picture- The Artist
Not surprise there. While I was cheering my heart out for War Horse, I knew it wasn't going to be picked, especially after the Best Director awards. Won't be seeing this film until tomorrow, but I'm sure it's quite deserving. 


Best Actor- George Clooney
Again, I'm very happy with the pick. I've been predicting George for the win, and think he's incredibly deserving. He was really really good in the Descendants. 


Best Actress- Viola Davis
I am actually so incredibly stoked. While everyone thought Meryl was a shoe-in for all the acting awards, I`ve been on the Viola boat. 


Best Director- Michel Hazanavicius - "The Artist"
After the Special Award for Martin Scorsese, I quite expected him to win, but was surprised (but not completely) that Michel won. This most likely leads in The Artist winning the top prize.


Best Original Screenplay- "Midnight In Paris"
Once again, I haven't seen it (will next week! but i'm staring to feel behind on movies...), but I'm glad it won


Best Adapted Screenplay - "Moneyball" 
Hmmm! I wasn't expecting this. I had thought The Desccendants was a shoe-in, but I loooved Moneyball, so I'm happy (:


Best Young Actor/Actress- "Thomas Horn"
I was rooting for Shailene Woodley and Asa Butterfield. Sad to see they didn't win. 


Best Foreign Language Film -"A Separation"
Once again, haven't seen. 


Best Comedy- "Bridesmaids"
I honestly don't understand why this film is winning anything. It was slightly funny, but definitely not as funny as it's hyping up to be...


Best Animated Feature- "Rango"
I liked Kung-Fu Panda 2 best...


Best Supporting Actor- Christopher Plummer, "Beginners"
Again, haven't seen, but I'm not surprised.


Best Supporting Actress -Octavia Spencer, "The Help"
Once again, very happy. I would've been happy with either her or Jessica Chastain winning, but was glad it was Octavia.


Best Acting Ensemble - "The Help"
Wholeheartedly deserved. The whole ensemble was fantastic and is hogging the female acting categories. 


Best Action Movie -"Drive"
Haven't seen it yet, but sounds good to me :P


Best Song - "Life's a Happy Song" from "The Muppets"
Happy with that. The Muppets deserve it. 



2 comments:

  1. Really happy to see Harry Potter get a little bit of love yesterday. The only thing I was really surprised about was the young actor award. I haven't seen ELAIC yet, so I can't comment on his actual performance, but the fact that Woodley has been picking up nominations in the "adult" category surprised me that this didn't automatically make her the front runner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree! I was quite shocked Thomas Horn won! I had thought Shailene, also, was a shoe-in, but at the least, Asa Butterfield. Also, really happy to see the HP love, I'm hoping this makes it the frontrunner for Best Makeup.

      Delete