Friday 22 May 2015

So Fetch Friday: Brooklyn Nine-Nine & Tom Hardy

This past week, ironically, has felt very long. It was a long weekend here in Canada last weekend, but this week at work, even though it was only 4 days, has felt like forever. All I've really wanted to do is go home and watch TV and movies. Because this is essentially all I really do with my life, after all.

As you can see, my husband and I went and saw Mad Max: Fury Road last weekend. Man, what an awesome movie, right? I still can't believe there were some Men's Rights Activits that were "boycotting" this. I mean, I don't really understand. Sure, this movie was about females, but Tom Hardy's Max was the embodiment of a good man, who embodied so many values that even the tough guys strive for. Max was someone who escaped captivity, but also stepped up to assist the women who were also held captive. He protected the women, but also was able to form a solid relationship with them. I don't know, I just don't understand. But having an action movie, especially one as great and awesome as this one, and having it be about women and their fight for freedom, was really refreshing. But you can just read my review instead of me going on about it here :P

And after watching Mad Max, I finally got around to another Tom Hardy film, Bronson. Bronson was kind of bizarre, but Hardy, unsurprisingly, is super awesome. I can't get over how great of an actor he actually is. So serious and so talented. I didn't care for the movie overall (a little too much nudity, thanks) but I'm glad I saw it. I'm hoping to watch Hardy's whole filmography and eventually rank it. Someday!

Okay, is Brooklyn Nine-Nine not like, the best show on TV right now? Also Canadian Netflix is amazing and got the whole of season 2 up less than 24 hours after the season finale. I always try not to binge watch because I like to savour shows and hate waiting forever for them to come out with the next season. So far I'm only about 5 or 6 episodes in, but man, this show is too funny. Andy Samberg is actually really good, and I don't find him annoying at all. Just annoying in kind of a lovable way. Also, just everyone on that show is on top form and are all so hilarious. I'm so glad Netflix was able to snag it so quickly, because I've been excited to catch up with it (Because the husband and I don't have cable/satellite, so we have to wait until out on DVD or Netflix to watch anything). I'm so glad it's coming back for another season.


No comments:

Post a Comment