Wednesday 9 December 2015

SAG Award Nomination Predictions






SAG Awards Nominations are being announced this morning, so I thought I would share my predictions. Honestly, this year feels more like a crapshoot of guessing than usual (because, let's face it, every year is a crapshoot of sorts, at least for me!). I definitely way overthought these predictions and still dont' really feel all that confident. So many of the categories seem to have their set 5 nominees, so I feel like we could definitely be in for a shakeup. I especially feel nervous about my exclusion of Sylvester Stallone for Creed, and my inclusion of Paul Dano for Love and Mercy. Will the Revenant make as good a showing as I think? Was I correct to exclude Joy and the Hateful Eight from Ensemble predictions? Well, see below my predictions and I'll come back later today and see how I actually did!

Best Film Ensemble
Spotlight   
Steve Jobs   
The Revenant   
The Martian   
Carol   

Best Film Actor
Michael Fassbender -Steve Jobs
Leonardo DiCaprio  -The Revenant
Eddie Redmayne -The Danish Girl
Matt Damon -The Martian
Johnny Depp  -Black Mass

Best Film Actress
Brie Larson- Room  
Cate Blanchett- Carol   
Jennifer Lawrence- Joy   
Saoirse Ronan- Brooklyn   
Charlotte Rampling- 45 Years   

Best Film Supporting Actor
Michael Keaton- Spotlight    
Mark Ruffalo- Spotlight   
Tom Hardy- The Revenant   
Mark Rylance- Bridge of Spies
Paul Dano- Love and Mercy   

Best Film Supporting Actress
Rooney Mara- Carol   
Alicia Vikander- The Danish Girl   
Kate Winslet- Steve Jobs   
Kristen Stewart- Clouds of Sils Maria   

Rachel McAdams- Spotlight 

No comments:

Post a Comment